Friday, October 23, 2009

Snail's Pace

New York

I've been the toast of the town this week here in the Big Banana; I mean the Big Apple. Last night's show with John Pizzarelli and Jessica Molaskey at the Carlyle Cafe was wonderful. I introduced these two a number of years ago and now, predictably, they're married. Ah, that monkey touch!

That jazz groove was topped tonight by seeing James Gandolfini and company in the God of Carnage on Broadway. Jimmy didn't get the joke when I yelled from the audience, "Yo, Tony, how ya doin?" Hey, I shut my cell phone off, right?

Jessica, Auntie Pat, and I started this evening's fun with some escargots at Balthazar in Soho. We were always running out of garlic and drawn butter when we found snails in the jungle, but they had plenty of it at Balthazar.

No comments:

Post a Comment